If you would like to sell your collection, click here to find out more
Since childhood and in his work as an auctioneer over the last 20+ years, television auctioneer and antiques expert Adam Partridge has been fascinated by collectors. He has met hundreds of them, people who collect all manner of things from the novelty to the hugely valuable and everywhere in between. All are passionate about their collections, no matter the financial value.
In 2005, he came up with the term “Collectaholics" for these ardent collectors and presented an idea to the BBC as a potential television programme in 2006.
This website is a place for collectors to showcase their collections to the world and to other interested collectors.
There will be the opportunity for others to comment on and rate the collections on display, with those rated as most interesting/best items/best story being featured in the monthly newsletter and shortlisted for a planned annual book featuring the "Collectors of the Year". Each collection will also receive a comment from Adam Partridge.
We particularly want to hear the human story behind the collection
and each collector will be asked the following ten questions:
1. What do you collect?
2. How long have you been collecting?
3. What was the first piece that started you off?
4. Do you have a specific reason for collecting the items that you do?
5. What’s your favourite item?
6. What’s your best bargain?
7. What’s your most unusual item?
8. What is the item you have gone the greatest lengths to acquire?
9. What one item would you rescue from a fire?
10. What item don't you have that you would love to acquire?
If you would like to find out more or get involved e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, fill in the contact form below or call 01625 431 788